Wednesday, 9 November 2011

Winter Shows

As usual, this time of year is the busiest for exhibitions.  I will be showing work with six galleries over the coming weeks.

I have just dropped of two paintings for the Russell Gallery Winter Show which opens on the 24th Nov.  Both paintings are worked up from material gathered during my rather too short (explained in previous post) trip to Madrid.  The gallery is in Putney and is definitely worth a visit, right now you can catch the Jason Bowyer show (President NEAC).

Evening Light, Madrid 18x18 inches

Low Sun, Madrid 32x32 inches


This year I have been selected again to show with the New English Art Club at the Mall Galleries.  This is one of the most crucial exhibitions to be included in as I will hang amongst the likes of Ken Howard and Jason Bowyer to name a couple.  This show also opens on the 24th Nov and will run until the 4th Dec.  The painting I will be showing is one of the pair painted in the last few weeks at my old flat when I was forced to work in the living room due to lack of studio.

Exterior Light 24x30 inches
I am also happy to report that I have had three paintings selected for the Royal Institute Of Oil Painters.  This too is at the Mall Galleries and runs from the 7th-18th of December.  Two of the paintings are in an earlier post, they show two artists sketching on the beach.  The third painting is an aerial view of an alpine town worked up with a photograph taken from a cable car in Les Arcs.  Stupidly I forgot to photograph this one before it went to the gallery so you can have a work in progress:

Alpine Village 30x24 inches
This painting has lead me down a rather unexpected route involving kites, helium balloons and fairly complicated electronics -more on this when I figure out if it works.


From the 12th Nov I will be showing five painting at the Nick Holly Studio Gallery in Wales.  This is a great new gallery space in the Exchange Building of the Maritime Quarter of Swansea.

I will once again be showing in the Guggleton Gallery Winter Show in Stalbridge, Dorset 26 Nov - 3rd Dec.

To finish up, just a reminder that I have work hanging at 1 Alfred Place, a private members club so let me know if you would like to visit.

1 comment:

  1. Good to meet you yesterday and I look forward to seeing your work at the ROI show. Just tweeted this blog address! (see http://twitter.com/#!/makingamark2 )

    ReplyDelete